01 August 2011

Border Run 11

I'm setting off on Wednesday for the annual Border Run, a long distance ride originally organised by BMW clubs of SA and WA to meet at the SA/WA border.
The ride has been going for 35 years although there is no particular "organising" any more, people just turn up on the first Saturday in August, get together for chats, drinks and food, then leave next morning.
One interesting participant is the 'Pudding'. This is a genuine Big Sister Self Saucing Pudding in a can, unopened, that was at the first meet and has turned up every year since. The Pudding is an extensive traveler and only travels by motorcycle. Due to its age, it is now encased in resin.
A photograph with the Pudding is a must for every rider who attends the Border Run.
I have one or two other goals for this trip, which will become apparent as I go.
Stay tuned.

Here's a location map of my whereabouts.


2 comments:

  1. Hi clint hope you had good day of riding just let you know I was following you through a boring meeting today
    Safe riding tomorrow

    Johng

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you rather fancy that you'd like to swap, like to take a turn at riding where the western rivers flow
    I doubt I'd suit the office.

    ReplyDelete