03 August 2011

Border Run Day 1 - 1204km


With a 5.00am start it was always going to be cold.
Actually not to bad out of Brisbane and up the highway. Very little traffic going my way but lots heading in to town.
Around Cooroy the fog set in. It was not too bad however and the travelling was fine and cool until Gympie.
Stopped for breakfast at the Caltex Truckstop for a nice big bacon and eggs. Allowable on the diet.
Foggy.

After gympie, turned left towards Kilkivan and took the delightful Kilkivan-Tansey Road with its little hillclimb to bed in the new front tyre.
Still Foggy

North through Ban Ban Springs and the fog persisted way past sunup, the sun being quite visible through the mist.
It didn't let up until Gayndah where I burst into full sunshine and things at last started to warm up. The temp gauge even registered double figures.

Always good to get a "BIG" photo

Why am I heading north when this is the Border Run trip?
Well, in FarRiders, I think I've mentioned before, we play a game of tag. One FarRider tags a location with a photo and it is up to another FarRider to go copy that tag and replace it with one of his own.
The current tag is the Duaringa Hotel and - well - it wasn't TOO far out of the way.

Duaringa Tagged

Only problem now was to head back south and most of the direct routes contain lots of dirt roads. GoldWings don't do dirt very well. They just don't like it and always sound like they are rattling apart. Sealed roads they do well so best to keep to them where possible.
So I had to go all the way out to Emerald then head south again.
I didn't have a previous tag to post as I haven't been anywhere much exciting in the last few months so getting late in the day I snapped a pic of a definite intersection near Rolleston for the next tag. Someone will find it I'm sure.
After that it was just make my way into Injune where I just managed to get the last room in the Motel. The one without the TV. Ah well, I rarely watch it anyway.

I'll be able to get a good nights sleep for another big day tomorrow.

Don't forget to say Hi below.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Hi clint nice pic mate, I would love to swap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Clint, We being blown away here at the bottom of the Bonang,,Any wind up that way yet??

    ReplyDelete