04 November 2010

Another Half Circuit

Well I am off again in a couple of days. The bike is pretty well ready, new set of tyres. Proper motorcycle tyres this time.

Plan is to accompany Ian (tabledrain) to Camooweal where we will rest up for a day then he will make his second attempt at 3000km in under 24 hours.
Is it doable? Yes it is on paper and all keeping within the NT speed limits, even taking slow-downs for towns in to consideration.
But everything has to go perfectly. No time to waste anywhere.
My job is to witness him out and back in and he will get time and dated register receipts from his turn-around points to prove he went there.
Won't be a great deal for me to do so long as everything goes OK.

After that, I'll be riding down to Adelaide, via Alice Springs, to meet up with Charleen who will be flying in. Then up to Horrocks Pass where we will attend the unveiling of a plaque dedicated to FarRider #1.
After the weekend of catching up with many FarRiding mates I will drop Charleen back off at Adelaide airport and make my way home.

That's the plan

You can track me at http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=22a94cd29a0fd789f as I will keep the SPOT tracker running.

I'll try to get some photos and a log up to here as well. As usual, no guarantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment