10 November 2010

Back Across the Table and Down the Middle - 986km

With Ian's ride a big success it was time to part company this morning. He went east and I went west.
I'm now on my way to Adelaide to meet Charleen on Saturday morning. So a few leisurely days riding.
Only trouble is I have developed a head cold. Probably from sitting in the cold air conditioning for a whole night after a long hot ride. Shouldn't do that.
Blowing one's nose on the bike is not an easy task.

The weather today was warmer than yesterday and definitely no rain. Much better.

Having now ridden the Barkley Tablelands three times in two days I can say I kinda like this road. Not many places in the country where you can pull up and see perfectly flat horizon for 360 degrees.

Elsewhere, at the moment the countryside is in pretty good condition and so the colours are quite nice.
Surprisingly there is almost no road kill at the moment as well.

Back out on the Stuart I headed south, stopping for lunch in Tennant Creek.
The afternoon was fairly warm, around 36° for most of the way and my head cold was giving me a hard time.
I declined an offer of accommodation with a mate in Alice, not nice to turn up and give everyone a cold. So I am ensconced in a nice motel without the A/c on.

Longer day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment