15 November 2010

Rode 'til it Rained - 1274km

Left Charleen boarding the shuttle bus to the airport at 5am and I headed out of Adelaide for home. It is just over 2000km and doable in one go but in my current state of health I didn't bother.
It was a nice quiet ride out of the city in the dark and a bit cool so I put on the wet weather jacket to keep the wind off. Heated grips and seat helped.
I kept checking over my shoulder for a plane to fly overhead but there were none. Must have been off the route.
7am saw me back at Burra to collect the spare fuel tank and few other things in the bag I left there on the way in.
Got to Broken Hill just before lunchtime and went and had a coffee with FarRider mate Bazz and also met up with FarRider Gary who had been haring all over the country but was now heading home.
So Gary and I rode together for the rest of the day. It is nice to ride alone but also nice to have a mate nearby just in case.
We called in to Wilcannia for fuel and found the Shell servo with all its pumps destroyed. Seems some local went crazy through the night and took to them with a crowbar. No fuel there. There is a BP in the backblocks of the town so we found it and topped up. He'll be having a good day.

We were going quite well until after Nyngan when the rain hit us. A very heavy storm at least washed off the locusts plastered all over the front of the bike.
Then a couple more showers and I took a look at the Rain Radar to see it was raining practically all the way to the Qld border. The GPS also told me my ETA home would be 2:35am. No real use getting home at that time of day so I pulled the pin at Gilgandra.

The local pub had $10 steaks and my rump was cooked to perfection. (There's a pun there somewhere).

No photos. Just riding today.

Night.

1 comment:

  1. hello clint we arrived in qld on sun, went to the committee meeting tonight finally made one

    ride safe mate see you on the week end

    johng

    ReplyDelete