02 August 2012

A Leisurely 598km Day

No big rush to get away today as my LD ride will be tomorrow.
So I took my time getting the bike packing finalised and got under way about 11:30.

Out on to the Gateway and battled heavy traffic all the way to Ipswich and on to the Cunningham Hwy. Nice to leave it all behind.
The weather was fine and cool with clear blue sky. A lovely day to ride.

I had fueled right up at home, to use up all the stuff I had in various cans about the place, so there was no need to stop until Goondiwindi.

Up the range at Cunninghams Gap there was a little work going on but nothing enough to need to put the feet down. From Warwick it was turn west and do the couple of hundred more kays to Goondi and the NSW border.

Plan A was to stay overnight here, but the weather was good and a couple of hours of light left so I had a cuppa at Maccas then continued on.

An hour later I was going through Moree with still plenty of light so Narrabri looked fine.

Approaching Narrabri, A big fat Moon popped up over the Ranges. One day to full so the top looked very flat.

The temperature has started to drop as I head south, in the high teens up over the range, it was down to 12 by nightfall. Time to find a nice warm motel.

A lovely, leisurely day's ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment