11 August 2012

Border Run Day 6 844km

Yep, I'm a few days late with this.

I left Auburn at around 8am with the sun only up for a little while and headed south. My goal for today was Melbourne to visit with Adam.

It was a nice ride in the early morning down to the Adelaide Hills. Much better to go this way then in to the City or on major highways. I finally found a nice little cafe in the hills called Cudlee Cafe for a bit of breakfast. It is named after Cudlee Creek which runs nearby.

Then it was off up Cudlee Creek Road for a nice little run through the hills. Hardly any traffic made for a nice ride.

I finally came out on to the old Princes Highway and followed that until near Murray Bridge where it joined up with the main highway again.

Then it was just a boring run all the way in to Melbourne. At least I got the nice morning ride in.

It got colder and colder the closer I got and Ballarat was only about 5 degrees in the evening.

Joined in the traffic on the Western Freeway and plunged into the Burnley Tunnel. Adam lives not far from there so I was done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment