11 August 2012

Border Run Day 8 863km

It's beginning to look like 800 plus is my kind of riding day.

Out of Dubbo by 7am and off towards home.

What can one say about the Newell Highway. I usually try to avoid it, but here I was having a second run along here in a week. Ah well, if the only goal is get home, I guess it is the way to go.

Nothing unusual happened, just travelling. A nice B&E breakky at Gilgandra, a couple of fuel stops and a coffee at Goondiwindi then four hours to Brisbane traffic. I managed to time it for the peak hour.

In fact timed it so well that I arrived at the home gate about two minutes before Charleen got home from work.

Nice.

---------------------------

Well, that was the 2012 Border Run. I'm glad I made it again have missed out the last few years. My last visit was 2008. Lots of things have changed since then but Border Village hasn't.
I won't be doing it next year as we'll be away OS but it will surely be there for the future.

As an excuse for a nice long ride, the Border Run is one of the better ones. Give it a try some day. Might see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment