11 August 2012

Border Run Day 7 883km

My Wing hadn't yet been checked for the recall for the brake cylinder, so I had made arrangements to call in to Jeffrey Honda - where I originally bought it - to have it looked at.
I didn't expect it to be faulty as I now had 70,000km on the clock and it surely would have played up by now.

However, for peace of mind.

The morning was, apparently, typical Melbourne weather. Overcast, light showers and COLD. AS soon as I was on the road I noticed how everyone is really heavily rugged up. Luckily, I was too.

Through the traffic to Jeffreys and they only took half an hour or so while I sat in a nearby cafe with a nice warm coffee.

Then it was North.

Out on the Maroondah Highway through Yarra Glen to Yea, across to Bonnie Doon where Lake Eildon is now pretty full, then north to join the Hume Hwy at Benalla.

A bit of highway boredom until Albury then it was turn left on to the Olympic Hwy. I was making decisions on the fly about the route home. I normally like to head further up the Olympic and Bathurst, then across the hills to Mudgee and do the "Up the Middle" run but not sure of the weather in the higher areas and having had enough cold for now, I decided to head up to the Newell and do a quicker run.

The old familiar towns from my truck driving days flew by and well after dark I was at Dubbo and feeling tired and hungry. Time to stop, eat and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment